Monday, April 23, 2012

Easy Ways to Introduce Coconut Oil into Your Diet

Ever since I learned about the health benefits of coconut oil about a year ago, I've been sharing this knowledge with friends, family and even strangers in the supermarket. But I find that many of them have no idea how to go about using this wonderful food.

That's why I've started this blog. I'll be sharing ideas and recipes as I come across them and invent them.

First of all, substituting coconut oil for most cooking oils works pretty well.  You just can't heat it over medium high or it will burn - so, it's not good for traditional stir-frying. It's perfect, however,  for sauteing - eggs, veggies, meats, fish - anything, really.

Another great way to use it is for "buttering" toast, or making grilled cheese sandwiches.

Adding a couple of tablespoons to your bowl of oatmeal is a tasty way to start the day.

I'll be going into more detail about the benefits of coconut oil in later blogs. I've done a lot of research and will be more than happy to share what I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment